The Northern Ontario School of Medicine is a made-in-the-North solution that is attracting attention from around the world for its innovative model of community-engaged medical education and research, while staying true to its social accountability mandate of contributing to improving the health of the people and communities of Northern Ontario.
The documents below provide context to socially accountable education, training health workers in and for rural and remote areas, and NOSM’s recent achievements in fulfilling its vision of Innovation education and research for a healthier North.
- Toward NOSM’s 2020 Vision. Some preliminary ideas for discussion. (Short Backgrounder)
- Toward NOSM’s 2020 Vision. A scan of NOSM’s current environment to inform strategic planning for 2015-2020. (Full Environmental Scan)
- NOSM Achievement Summary – September 2013
- Community Engagement: A Key to Successful Rural Clinical Education
- Context Counts: Training Health Workers in and for Rural and Remote Areas
- Transforming Health Professional Education Through Social Accountability: Canada’s Northern Ontario School of Medicine